Apple or Android?
Galaxy or iPhone?
Tomato or tomatoe?
These are the burning questions that keep many Americans up at night. The debate between Apple and Android has raged on since the mid-2000’s, when “smart phones” hit the scene in a big way.
At Jay Reece Prepaid, we know that owning a phone is not just a luxury anymore — it’s pretty darn close to a necessity. That’s why no matter which brand you choose, be it Apple, Samsung, LG, or something else entirely, we’ll be here for you.
Visit Jay Reece Prepaid for the best prepaid phone plans in Hagerstown and beyond, and keep reading to find your answer to the great cell phone debate.
Apple: Everything You Need To Know
The tiny company that famously started in a garage has blossomed into one of the largest and most widely recognized conglomerates in the world.
Those who are loyal to Apple will say that it’s just downright better — the iPhone is compatible with all Mac devices and iOS systems and allows you to curate your own suite of products as you see fit.
Here are some of the most common features to consider about Apple, and specifically the iPhones:
- Choices: From a hardware standpoint, there are a few different shapes, sizes, and models from which to choose. But other than your color variations, the choices of each iPhone model are relatively limited.
- Compatibility: All iPhones run on the iOS operating system, a system which is uniquely designed by and for Apple devices. That makes integration between the iPhone and other Apple devices (like the iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, and Apple TV) fairly seamless and consistent.
- Camera: The iPhone has long been heralded for its camera, which has always been ahead of the curve as far as capabilities and capturing detail. The biggest advantage of the Apple cameras is that, while they may not be as good as a select few, they are always consistently good.
- Apps: More than 2.1 million available from App Store
- Browser: Safari
- Extra Stuff: Siri voice commands, in-person support at the Apple Store, FaceTime video calls
Android: Everything You Need To Know
The term “Android” refers to just about any phone that isn’t made by Apple these days.
The Android operating system is currently (as of April, 2018) on its eighth iteration and has made great strides in order to catch up to the paths paved by Apple.
A few of the key features that users look for in Android phones include:
- Choices: Selection is one of the biggest pluses that Android has going for it. Major phone manufacturers include Samsung, Motorola, LG, HTC, Sony, and Google.
- Compatibility: Android phones are largely compatible with just about any PC, tablet, or other device through a simple USB connection.
- Camera: Android phones have improved throughout recent years, and the biggest hit the system has seen on the camera front came with the newest Google Pixel 2. The 8-megapixel camera has been praised as one of the best to ever hit a mobile device.
- Apps: More than 3.5 million available from the Google Play store
- Browser: Google Chrome
- Extra Stuff: Google Maps, universal charging cables, completely customizable
The Common Thread: Jay Reece Prepaid
No matter if you’re #TeamApple or #TeamAndroid, Jay Reece Prepaid in Hagerstown has the prepaid phone plans you need.
We are also your home for high quality phone repair in Hagerstown. Stop by or get a quote today!